Friday, July 26, 2013

Ignite

Written by- Kaitlyn Davis
Reviewed by- Cover of Paradise (Amanda)


Book Synopsis-        "With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death."
    When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blonde goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shivers down her spine. Kira knows they're keeping secrets, but when she discovers Tristan's lust for blood and her own dormant mystical powers, Kira is forced to fight for her life and make the heartbreaking decision between the familiar comfort of friendship and the fiery passion of love.


Book Quote-  “Do you actually believe that’s possible?” His squinted eyes caught hers at that moment and she knew there was more to this question, some deeper meaning. Her heart skipped a beat. Was it possible?


Reviewers Note-  Ignite is Kaitlyn Davis’s first book and she came in with a bang. I have read this book three times since October, 2012. I found this gem on Amazon for free. The cover caught my attention but the story kept it. Kaitlyn isn’t someone I know personally however, she now has my friendship and support. I wrote her an email thanking her for creating a book that helped me escape the pain that is chemo treatments. I didn’t expect to get a reply at all, I just thought sometimes authors get discouraged and I wanted her to know her work matters. She not only replied but kept replying. Recently she sent me some books to share and also a one of a kind copy of her book with the sweetest note. She’s not only a talented author but a kind person. With all that being said I am reviewing this book like I would any other book.


  I picked this book up on Amazon because it was free and the cover art quickly grabbed my attention. I support you checking out the book for much different reasons.


What a refreshing way to get the story we all secretly love. It's the typical love triangle with so many twist. It's what you're expecting from a paranormal YA romance with so much more. First it's not a knock of Vampire Diaries or Twilight book. It's like more like Buffy mixed with X Men thrown in. No I'm not kidding. Just when you start to think you have the story figured out another twist comes your way.


This story will have you rooting for Luke your guy next door/ best friend one minute and then Tristian this Vampire who doesn't follow the rules another. Kira is our heroine/main character. She's back home to South Carolina from boarding school in NY. She starts a new school and meets Luke they become close friends fast. The interesting thing about them is they have the same eye color which is very unique. She has Strawberry blonde hair something she "shouldn't" have. Without giving too much away because I want you to read it for yourself. These seemingly small things actually are the start of something so much bigger.
Our other love interest is Tristan he's got his own share of secrets. He shouldn't be interested in Kira for a lot of reasons. Yet as we all know somethings are way too hard to resist. He comes across strong and stand offish but, that doesn't last long. His story is just getting started really.
Kira our heroine has been born into a world in which she is in danger without even knowing it. As secrets unfold her world takes a dramatic change. Something tells me her story is just getting started.


As a fan of YA fiction and especially YA paranormal this book is a must read. Fast paced and great cliff hangers that have you searching your favorite digital book shop for more.



LOVED THIS BOOK!!

Five Stars!!


No comments:

Post a Comment