1. I like bad boys in theory but I have a huge soft spot for the best friend or sweet guy.
2. I am a book collector as well as avid reader. I can't help myself if I go into a store of any kind and it has a book section I'm there. I don't always buy them but I gaze longingly at them for sure. Even though I have like 90 books I need to read.
3. I have a system to organizing my books that NO ONE but me would understand. However if you ask if I have a book I know YES or No and where to find it.
4. I have four favorite authors currently and though I'm awaiting a print edition of a debut novel it already has a place saved. My husband once moved my books around and I got really upset lol.
5. If I read a series of books that I really like I will slowly want all of them in print which leaves the issue of where to put them all. I really like what some authors end up doing making one big book with 3 or 4 of the series in one. Saves so much room :-)
6. My mom started my reading addiction quite young. I have since I can remember always had books. My mom told me once I would read them so fast that she didn't quite believe I had read them. She would quiz me on them. Then she would shake her head and say go find a library I can't afford to keep buying you all these books. I love that about her. I in turn have done the same for my boys. My youngest started reading at 3 and loves books under the table or the middle of the doorway are his favorite places to drop and open a book.
7. Sometimes when I go to a friends home I judge them by their bookshelves. They don't have to like what I do but, a lack of books is never a good thing (unless moving). Also if the Twilight series is out front ready to be seen I generally have a sarcastic comment.
8. One of my favorite reading experiences was this year. My mom, my two sons and I were in a restaurant in TX and the boys were being loud. So I saw a bookshelf and grabbed The Children's Illustrated Classic Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens willing to try anything to settle them. I didn't expect what happened next though they were so sucked into the book that they started begging for me to read it. I so enjoyed watching them here a classic for the first time. Next was Pippi Longstockings and we've read everyone so far. I love that during family story time they can hear some of the old "classics" and love them.
9. I have to admit it really annoys me when I'm reading a book and the science doesn't add up. For example if there is a lack of Oxygen and there are huge fires I kinda need an explanation.
10. I am so happy that there are books that are geared toward boys now. I remember for a long time boys weren't encouraged to read as much as girls. I'm so glad that's changed.
11. I'm a Young Adult/ New Adult fanatic because I find most adult books so slow and boring. I fall asleep a lot when I'm reading something like Nicholas Sparks.. don't laugh.
12. My absolute favorite books are Dystopian or Paranormal with a twist. Like Kaitlyn Davis vampire books.
13. I see the movie of the book as I read. My mind is completely a theater in and of itself. So when a book I love goes to the big screen I must watch it knowing the whole time they are totally ruining what could have be EPIC. LOL I'm worried about Divergent.
14. I hate jumpy out scary things or thrillers that are to real. Ghosts, Vampires, Zombies for the most part are fine. Give me killer bees, people, ants etc.. NO. I abhor horror movies for this reason. The blood and guts don't phase me the suspense and jumpy stuff does.
15. I read all the Vampire Diaries books and loved them. However in this instance I love the TV show and it's vastly different story for the same reasons. No it's not Damon.. It's the other brother. LOL